Sunday 24 January 2010

Sale Fell (23/01/10)

Well I haven't really had the most productive weekends when it comes to walking up and down Wainwrights!  It is down to be not getting out of bed very early!


On Saturday, after a late start I finally got out, but only had time for a little one, so when for my 'local', Sale Fell.  Despite it only being small, I think this is a really nice short walk.



The north end of Bassentwaite Lake

The sun did make a brief appearance, but only brief!



The path heading towards Lothwaite


The Cloud began to build from this point on, but there was very little wind, in fact it was eerily quiet on the top of Lothwaite.



Bassenthwaite Lake from Lothwaite with Skiddaw in a blanket of cloud


From Lothwaite I headed over Rivings and up onto Sale Fell.  Whilst having some flapjack on the top it began to rain.  This is the first time I have got wet on my Wainwright challenge, but I don't expect it will be the last!!



Rain coming in from across the Solway, taken from the top of Sale Fell


So just one done this weekend.  Hopefully I will manage to get out of bed next weekend and get a few more done.

1 comment:

  1. The year is yet young - you've plenty of time yet!

    ReplyDelete