Sunday 10 January 2010

Walla Crag (10/01/10)

My plan today was to park up at Watendlarth and walk from there.  However the road up there was covered in snow and ice.  I made up to view point where I had a great view of the frozen Derwent Water.


Derwent Water frozen over with a overing of snow

There was a brave couple camping at the back of the car park and looked rather surprised to see someone!  As I know the road from there is narrow with little room to turn around, I decided not to risk it so went back down and headed for the Great Wood car park.  From there I headed up Cat Gill where I got to see this frozen waterfall


Frozen water fall (not a great pic as light wasn't great)

The plan to go up Bleaberry Fell, however, the wind picked up and the snow was being blown into my face, which wasn't all the pleasant!  decided to forget this and headed for Walla Crag.  There was plenty of snow and ice about up there.  The sun did make a brief appearance which allowed me to get the shot below.


Bleaberry Fell from Walla Crag

From Walla Crag I headed down towards Keswick then cutting though Great Wood back to the car.  So not what I had planned to do, but another fun day out in the snow :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment